More than 40 percent of Saint Louis University undergraduates have significant financial need and would not be able to attend SLU without the generosity of others.
Because of these needs, SLU must go further to provide financial support for these future leaders. Key to this effort is a partnership with the entire SLU community. That’s why the University is launching an undergraduate scholarship initiative. To make your gifts go further, the University will match, dollar for dollar, all qualified scholarship gifts of $100 and more.
In addition, to those helping those with financial need, we also hope to strengthen scholarship assistance in four other key areas: merit; retention and graduation; military and veteran; and pre-college programs. Click here for a full list of qualifying scholarship funds.
Make your gift go even further with a company matching gift. Visit matchinggifts.com/saintlouis to see if you or your spouse work for a company that will match your gift.
There has never been a greater need to support Saint Louis University students with a gift of scholarship. And thanks to this new scholarship initiative, there has never been a better time to give.
Support SLU scholarships today. Help students go further.
Make your gift online by visiting giftform.slu.edu or mail it to:
Saint Louis University
One N. Grand Blvd.
DuBourg Hall, Room 319
St. Louis, MO 63103
Questions? Contact the Office of Annual Giving at (314) 977-3781 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University’s goals are to fund:
- 200 additional need-based scholarships. On average, these students need $30,000 in annual support to cover their tuition gap.
- 900 additional merit scholarships. Merit scholarships recognize achievement in academics or other fields of personal performance and help ensure that Saint Louis University students are among the brightest, most talented in the country.
- 100 additional scholarships designed to retain students. Undergraduate scholarships are awarded for just four years, but 20 percent of students now take more than four years to complete their degrees.
- 300 additional scholarships for veterans and military dependents.
- 2,000 additional scholarships for SLU’s pre-college programs. Many of these programs are designed to excite young students — kindergarten through high school — about careers in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and health-related fields.